UNIT 1: EARLY PEOPLES OF THE AMERICAS
- Early Americans
- The Routes of the first Americans
- Life in Pre-historic Times
- Adapting to Places
- Changing the Environment
- Understanding the Natural Resources
- The native American tribes
UNIT 2: COMPLEX SOCIETIES AND CIVILIZATIONS
- Mesoamerican Civilizations
- Andean Civilization
- Governments of Ancient American Civilizations
UNIT 3: EUROPEAN EXPLORATION AND ITS EFFECTS
- The Vikings
- Christopher Columbus
- Amerigo Vespucci
- Other People Who Visited America
- Early Explorers in America
- The Sword, the Cross, and The Measles
- Hernando Cortes and the Aztecs
- Francisco Pizarro and the Incas
- The English and the Dutch
- The Columbian Exchange
- The Colonial Trade
- The Middle Passage
- Slave Trade
UNIT 4: GEOGRAPHY IN WESTERN HEMISPHERE
- Physical maps that reflect varied climate zones, landforms, bodies of water, and natural resources of the Western Hemisphere.
- Regions within the Western Hemisphere that share common identifiable characteristics such as physical, political, economic, or cultural features
- The physical environment that influences human population distribution, land use, and other forms of economic activity.
UNIT 5: COMPARATIVE CULTURES
- Varied characteristics and contributions of the countries of the Western Hemisphere that distinguish them from other countries.
- A variety of concerns and issues specific to each region of the Western Hemisphere.
UNIT 6: GOVERNMENT
- Government structures, functions, and founding documents that vary from place to place in the countries of the Western Hemisphere.
- Legal, political, and historic documents that define the values, beliefs, and principles of constitutional democracy.
- Equality and civil rights or sovereignty of the different groups of the Western Hemisphere.
- Multinational organizations and nongovernmental organizations in the Western Hemisphere
UNIT 7: ECONOMICS
- Different types of economic systems that have developed across time and place within the Western Hemisphere
- Peoples of the Western Hemisphere that have engaged in a variety of economic activities to meet their needs and wants.
- Countries that trade with the other countries to meet economic needs and wants.