Resource: Fusion by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Unit: HUNAM BODY
Human Body System
- How do the body system work together to maintain homeostasis?
- How do your skeletal and muscular systems work together?
- How the circulatory and respiratory systems works?
- How do your body’s digestive and excretory systems work?
- How do your body’s defense system work?
- What causes disease?
- How are nutrition, fitness and health related?
Unit: ECOLOGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Interaction of living things
- How are different parts of an ecosystem connected?
- How does energy flow through an ecosystem?
- What determines a population’s size?
- How do organisms interact?
Earth’s Biomes and Ecosystems
- What are land Biomes?
- What are aquatic ecosystems?
- How do energy and matter move through ecosystems?
- How do ecosystems change?
- How do human activities affect ecosystems?
- How can Earth Support life?
- What are Earth’s natural resources?
- How do we use nonrenewable energy resources?
- How do humans use renewable energy resources?
- Why should natural resources be managed?
Human Impact on the Environment
- What impact can human activities have on water resources?
- What impact can human activities have on land resources?
- How do humans impact Earth’s atmosphere?
- How can Earth’s resources be used wisely?
Unit: SOUND AND LIGHT
Introduction to Waves
- What are waves?
- How can we describe a Wave?
- What is Sound?
- How do sound waves travel and interact?
- How does sound technology work?
- What is the relationship among various EM Waves?
- How does light interact with matter?
- How do mirrors and Lenses work?
- How do people see?
- How can light be used?
Unit:MATTER AND ENERGY
- What properties define matter?
- What are physical and chemical properties of matter?
- What are physical and chemical changes of matter?
- How do pure substance and mixed substance compare?
- How do particles in solids, liquids and gases move?
- What happens when matter changes state?
- What is energy?
- How is temperature related to kinetic energy?
- What is the relationship between heat and temperature?
- How does the use of energy resources affect the environment?
Unit: EARTH SCIENCE-SPACE SCIENCE
- What makes up the universe?
- What are some properties of stars?
- How do stars change overtime?
The Solar System
- How have people modeled the solar system?
- Why is gravity important in the solar system?
- What are the properties of the sun?
- What is known about terrestrial planets?
- What is known about the gas giant planets?
- What is found in the solar system besides the sun, planets, and moon?
The Earth-Moon-Sun System
- How are Earth’s Days, years, and seasons related to the way Earth moves in space?
- How do earth, the moon, and the sun affect each other?
- What causes tides?
- What can we learn from space image?
- How do we explore space?
- What are some milestones of space exploration?